Please see below for frequently asked questions. If you have a question that isn't on this list, feel free to call us at 612-331-3911 and we'll be happy to answer it for you!
How is living in a co-op different than traditional apartments?
- See The Co-op Advantage for more info.
How many people can live in an apartment?
- Cole Townhomes: 2-bedrooms up to four people; 3-bedrooms up to five people.
- Fourth Street Co-op: Studios & 1-bedrooms: up to two people; 2-bedrooms: up to four people; 3-bedrooms: up to five people.
- All other buildings: Studios & 1-bedrooms: up to two people; 2 through 4-bedrooms: up to four people.
How much is the security deposit?
- Starting November 1st, 2014 security deposits* at all buildings will equal:
- Studios and 1BRs: $500
- 2BRs: $750
- 3BRs and 4BRs: $1000
*Extra deposit may be requested at discretion of management if any requirements of Resident Selection Criteria are not met.
What fees do you charge as part of the application/move-in process?
- Each person applying to live in an apartment will pay a $45 application fee. This fee goes towards the processing of your application, including background screening and other document processing (see Resident Selection Criteria).
- Each co-op member also pays a $40 membership fee upon moving in (exlcuding Cole Townhomes).
- In order to secure an apartment, applicants must pay the security deposit (see above).
What is the membership fee for?
The cooperative model is dedicated to democratic governance and equality among residents. In pursuit of these values, education and development play a large role in building strong cooperative communities. In order to provide such services, the co-ops charge a one-time membership fee for new residents. Included in this fee is a membership to NASCO (North American Students of Cooperation), which is an international non-profit dedicated to student cooperative education and networking.
Are the apartments furnished?
- Our apartments and townhomes do not come furnished - this means you can bring your own furniture and decorate how you please! If you prefer your apartment furnished, custom furniture rental packages are available at www.cort.com/student.
Do you allow pets?
- Yes, with conditions. Please see our Pet Policy.
Do you offer a roommate matching service?
- We do not offer a roommate matching service - you get to choose who you live with!
Is rent charged per person or per apartment?
- Rent is charged per apartment, not per person or per bedroom.
- Rent stays the same regardless of number of roommates. (e.g. There is no extra fee for two people living in a one-bedroom)
How do I pay rent?
- Rent can be paid by logging into the Resident Portal, or by check or money order by mail or in person.
What utilities are included in the rent?
- Please see our current Rate Sheet for information on rent prices and utilities.
Do you have a maintenance staff?
- Absolutely! We have a wonderful maintenance staff here to help residents in the event they have a maintenance request. We also have a 24/7 after-hours emergency maintenance line.
Is parking available at the buildings?
- Parking is available at all buildings. Please see our current Rate Sheet for more information on pricing.
Are the apartments close to the U of M and other universities?
- Our buildings are in great locations central to the University of Minnesota and all other Minneapolis colleges and universities. Visit Our Communities for a map of all our locations!
What are rent prices and availabilities?
How can I apply?
- Go to the Apply Now page for instructions on applying for an apartment online.